Big Wind Blow a.k.a Great Wind Blows is a fun icebreaker, a great team building activity and one of the coolest party games. This game is similar to The Musical Chair in set up and an equally effective as an icebreaker activity.
Equipment: Several Chairs (One less than total number of players)
Group Size: 6-20
Effective Age Group: 15 and above
How to play The Big Wind Blows?
- Arrange all the group members to form a circle. (Chairs are arranged in a way that each chair is facing inwards to the middle.)
- A player is chosen randomly to begin the round.
- The player starts by saying Big Wind Blows for everyone who……. and complete the sentence by adding characteristics that resemble one or more person in the group.
For example: Big Wind Blows for everyone who can eat a whole apple pie.
- Now all players who can eat a whole apple pie stand up and find vacant chairs at least two steps away from them.
- The player who can not find a new chair comes to the middle and states his own version of “Big Wind Blows for everyone who….”
- If you like you can also eliminate the player who can not find the chair and reduce the number of chair by one in each round. The last person remaining wins the game.
- While completing Big Wind Blows for Everyone who….. try to add statements which are common to many. Something like: “Big Wind Blows for Everyone who has an elder sister” and not like “Big Wind Blows for Everyone who has not been to Africa three times.”
Some common Big Wind Blows for Everyone statements are:
- Big Wind Blows for Everyone who only know English as a language.
- Big Wind Blows for Everyone who updates a status everyday on Facebook.
- Big Wind Blows for Everyone who can go without showering for a week.
- Try to add wit to your statements. Try to make them detailed and yet generic. Something everybody would do but would not tell their friends about.
Big Wind Blows for Everyone who smell their armpits to check whether it’s time to take a bath.
- This game helps to find out interests of your peers and thus increases the level of bonding.
- This game gives a peek on perspectives of fellow players. Their likes, dislikes and more importantly: their secret endeavors.
- This game also helps to improve your spontaneous decision making and reduce nervousness.