My Favorite Things is a great icebreaker for kids. It is very effective for kids who are introvert and feel shy to open themselves easily.
Equipment: A template paper, pens
Group Size: 5-20 (The more the merrier)
Time: 5-10 minutes
Effective Age Group: 5 and above
How to play My Favorite Things?
- Create a template paper like in the figure on the right.
- Print this template out according to the number of participants.
- Ask the kids to fill out the paper.
- Now shuffle the players and distribute it to each participant.
- Each player must guess whose paper they are watching.
- Award a point for each correct guess.
- The player with maximum number of points wins the game.
Encourage the kids to fill up the form as honestly as they can.
Additionally you can pair up the kids with each other’s papers and ask them to introduce themselves.
This game helps kids know a great deal about themselves.
This is extremely effective icebreaker especially if the kids are shy.