My Teddy is a great educational activity as well as fun icebreaker for children. The children are provided with a black and white teddy bear which they have to fill with colors they like.
Equipment: A black and white picture of a teddy bear, crayons, color pens, markers
Time: 5-10 minutes
Group Size: 5-10 (The more the merrier)
Effective Age Group: 5-8
How to play My Teddy?
- Provide each kid with a black and white drawing of a teddy bear.
- Provide each of them with similar materials (similar set of color pens, crayons, markers etc. )
- Assign a time limit (say 10 minutes) for the kids to complete their painting.
- After everybody has finished their painting, collect the paintings and make kids review each other’s artistic works.
- Make sure everybody has similar set of materials to start with. You would not want anybody feeling unfair.
- You can also make two kids work on same painting to boost their team work.
This game works best with teddy as kids are more familiar with this brand of doll but this game works with virtually every other animal.
- This game helps kids explore their artistic potential.
- This game helps to boost color awareness in kids.
- My Teddy also helps to bring kids together and share their insights while reviewing each other’s works.