Are we any different is a fun icebreaking activity and a great team building activity themed around spotting the difference. The teams try to disguise themselves while the next team tries to fin out what is actually different from the usual.
Equipment: Clothes Set (Socks, Pajamas, Coats, Trousers etc.), Make up of your choice
Group Size: 6-10
Time: 15-30 minutes
Effective Age: 6 and above
How to play Are We any Different?
- Divide the players into two teams.
- One team is sent to the other room with props (clothes, make up etc.) while the other team waits for them.
- The team in the prop room try to make subtle changes with their appearance which the other team might not notice like wearing a different colored tie, putting on lipstick(for ladies) etc.
- The team returns to the room with their new appearance. The other now must spot the difference between their previous facade and the new facade.
- The number of correct guesses is put into the record.
- Now the second team is sent into props room while the first team guesses the differences.
- One point is awarded to the spotting team for correct guess and the fooling team for their incorrect guess.
- The team with maximum number of points takes the prize home.
- Try to make the differences very subtle and not dominantly obvious. Like switching from a black coat to white one is a obvious trick while changing black tie to gray is a more subtle choice.
- Appear in a way that it becomes hard for the opponent team to guess the difference. Try concealing the areas you’ve made differences to.
- This game is a great ice breaker activity which helps for the peers to get to know each other in a more deeper level.
- This game also helps to build up power of minute observation.
- This game also helps to improve your deception skills.