Balloon pop is a fun team building activity for kids which promotes a tactical approach to destroying opponent’s balloon while keeping their balloon intact.
Plenty of balloon, a wide space (indoors or outdoors)
Group Size: 5-15
Time: 15-30 minutes
Effective Age Group: 6 and above
How to play the Balloon Pop?
The facilitator first inflates all the balloons to a similar size.
Each player ties the inflated balloon to their feet with the help of a small thread.
On the sign of the facilitator, the players attempt to pop the balloons of their opponent but while doing so they must keep theirs intact.
The last person whose balloon remains to be popped wins the game.
Watch the video below. The kids seem having a good time playing this game:
- Don’t inflate the balloon to a too large size as they may spontaneously pop up. In that case, tie another balloon and restart the game altogether.
- While tying the balloon to the feet of the players use a soft cotton thread or tape to stick the balloon. You would not want the players to injure feet of children.
- As a variation, you can also try drawing a circle on the ground and if a player is pushed out of the circle, he gets eliminated.
- Make sure there are no sharp objects in the playing field.
- Though being mostly physical game, there is plenty of room in the Balloon Pop for tactical endeavors. Kids have to find a clever way of reaching their target even if s/he is physically stronger.
- Proper movement skill set is required to patiently pop up the balloons and win the game.
- This game helps to improve awareness in kids as there are potential threats everywhere.