Cacophony also called noise extremes is a casual recreational activity as well as a fun team building activity. This game involves kids making loud incoherent noises.
Group Size: 5-10 (More like how much you can handle)
Time: 2-5 minutes
Effective Age Group: 4-10
How to play Cacophony?
- Arrange the kids in a circle.
- A randomly chosen player starts making a noise of his choice.
- The player then squeezes the hand of adjoining player and s/he should try to mimic the sound made by first player (The first player continues making noise in the meantime)
- This process continues until the hand of the first player is squeezed.
- The initial player now immediately goes silent while also squeezing hands of adjoining player who also should immediately go silent.
- Continue these process until everybody is making a noise in one round and everybody has gone silent in the opposite round.
- You can ask kids to impersonate different animals like cows, goats etc. while doing cacophony.
- Alternately you can assign each player with individual noises they should be making, for example initial player is assigned cow, the second player sheep and so on.
- Cacophony improves the impersonation skills in kids.
- This game also helps to bolster spontaneity and non verbal communications between kids.