Chubby Bunny is a chipmunking icebreaker and a team building activity for people of all ages. It is a recreational activity in which the participants stuff their mouths with increasing number of marshmallows into their mouth while uttering “Chubby Bunny”.
This hazing game involves the placement of an increasing number of marshmallows or similar items such as cotton balls into one’s own mouth and stating a phrase that is intended to be difficult to say clearly with a filled mouth. The game is often played where marshmallows are readily available, such as around a campfire.
Variations include similar-sounding phrases such as Fluffy Bunny, Yummy Bunny, Chubby Monkey, and Pudgy Bunny.
Although the origins of the game are unknown, it may go as far back as 1959 when the Peanuts comic strip from February 28 of that year showed Snoopy’s mouth being filled with an increasing number of marshmallows.
Marshmallows (lots of)
Group Size: 2-10 (The more the merrier)
Time: 5-10 minutes
Effective Age Group: 5+
How to play Chubby Bunny
- Provide everyone with marshmallows.
- The players now put the first marshmallow in his mouth and utter chubby bunny. Easy right?
- Now provide the players another marshmallow.(S/he should not swallow the first marshmallow) and ask them to utter chubby bunny again.
- Continue this process until it becomes impossible for the player to utter the words.
- Eliminate the players who fail the task until two players are left and have a final showdown to decide the winner.
- Watch these girls having fun while playing chubby bunny.
(There are certain rules you should follow while playing chubby Bunny)
- If a player spits out a marshmallow, s/he is immediately eliminated from the game.
- Players can not use their teeth to chew up the marshmallow. They can not swallow the whole thing. If found doing so, that results in immediate expulsion. However, the players are allowed to use hands while adjusting marshmallows in their mouth.
- Whether or not to use saliva to moisturize the marshmallow for easy mouth keeping is highly debatable. So settle this issue before you start to play.
- If the players are finding hard to stuff marshmallows, do not encourage them to stuff any more marshmallows. It has been claimed that a child died while playing this game after choking on marshmallows.
Chubby Bunny Record:
While 20+ seems like a good number, there is no such thing as a world record. However, Nicole Richie was crowned world champion in a similar Marshmallow eating contest in Ellen DeGeneres Show.