Think about this, everyday we walk into our office through the same gateway, take the same route to our table via similar surrounding like a reception desk, hallway etc. but have we paid enough attention to the subtle details? Are we too consumed in our mind that we lose awareness of our surrounding?
‘Did You See It’ is an icebreaker that attempts to answer the question above and challenges the power of our observation.
Group Size: 5-10
Time: 10-20 minutes.
- Have the members of the group take turns asking each other about the workplace. For example, “what color lipstick is the receptionist wearing today?” or “What was the chef’s special in the canteen?”
- As you play this game you’ll find out that most of the employee will find difficult to answer many questions as they are busy on the hustle of their own and do not pay sufficient attention to tiny details.
- The person with the most correct answer wins the game and takes home the prize.
Try to make the questions as subtle as possible. Like the color of the gown worn by the receptionist is easy to track off while the color of boss’s tie often slips by from the field of vision.
- This game helps to develop a habit of greater attention to the details.
- It also helps to build up a greater spatial awareness.
- It often serves as a reality check of the things we often tend to overlook while hustling through our work.