How to play Fantastic Flags?
- Start out by providing each of the group member with a sheet of paper, pen, color pencils, crayons and marker.
- Ask every member of the group to design their own flag–A flag that best represents the group,
- Encourage them to be creative with their designs by using symbols and pictures..
Examples: A sports lover may choose to draw football inside the flag, the beauty queen may choose a lipstick and the science nerd may choose the symbol of atom.
- Set a time limit: 15 minutes works the best.
- After everybody is done drawing the flag, shuffle the flags for anonymity and take turns rating the flag out of 10
- The flag with the highest score wins.
- Design flags with common shapes like football or a heart. Being esoteric is a bad thing when it comes to group. Few may relate themselves with an inverted swastika (just kidding).
- Pay attention to even the smallest of details like colors, borders etc. Put your soul into the design.
- After the winner is selected, by looking at the best design, you can even brainstorm ideas for the flag of your own group.
- This game is all about finding the inner artistic talent. Everything is art when people are allowed to express themselves.
- This game also alludes to the knowledge of the participants. Without knowledge of shapes and symbols, it’s hard to draw a flag.
- Fantastic Flags also gives an inside peek to the perspectives of your peers.