Fireman’s Relay is like a midpoint game between the Scavenger Hunt and a relay race. Like Scavenger Hunt, there are treasures to collect and it is played like a relay race. This game serves as a great icebreaker and a fun team building activity.
- Equipment: Normal household items like cushion, books, mattresses etc.
- Time: 15-30 Minutes
- Group Size: 8-20
Effective Age Group: 8 and above
How to play Fireman’s Relay?
- Divide the players into multiple groups (of at least 3)
- Spread things like books, pens, cushions etc. across the course.
- For each team, spread out items evenly across the course and a bucket at the end.
- The objective of the game is to become the first team to fill the bucket with treasures and transport the bucket back to start line.
- The first person takes the first item to the bucket while ignoring all the remaining others, after placing the item to the bucket, he comes back to starting place and tags his partner.
- The second runner does the same and the process continues until no item is left on the race track.
- After everything has been put into bucket, the teams should carry the bucket and run to start.
- The team which brings the loaded bucket first wins the race.
- Please follow the safety precautions. First and foremost, make sure you have wide enough space to use as a track.
- Make sure there are no malicious objects like nails, broken glasses etc. on the race course.
- Fireman’s Relay embodies team spirit. It helps the players to grow as a team.
- There is plenty of space for tactical maneuvers, adjusting the runner precedence according to other team for example.
- This game bolsters team communication as communicating is a key factor to win relay races.