Frostbite is a team building activity which creates the scenario of people stranded in a snow storm. With the help of their leader, they must build a proper shelter or else they will die of cold. They must keep themselves warm until the rescue team arrives.
Time: 20-30 minutes
Group Size: 5-10 Members
Equipment: Pillows, Bed sheets, Candles, matches and regular household stuffs
Effective Age Group: 15 and above
How to play Frostbite?
A team of army is left stranded on extremely cold region after they were hit by a snow storm. The leader has suffered a frostbite and the rest of the troop has suffered from severe cold.
- A random person is chosen as leader while the rest are his/her crew.
- Since the leader is supposed to have frostbite, he cannot walk. The other players are blindfolded.
- Now they must build a warm shelter with the help of pillows, bed sheets and other household materials.
- Now the leader instructs the crew to ignite a match stick and light the candle.
- Make sure you have dangerous things like sharp objects (Nails, glass pieces) away from the scene.
- Make sure as a leader you are giving correct information to your crew.
- As a variation, you can play this game with multiple teams competing against time.
- This game helps to improve your communication skills.
- This game also aids to cooperation among your team.
- The concept of space management is also properly illustrated