Sentence, Picture, Sentence is a great icebreaker and a fun team building activity for people of all ages. It is also hugely effective as an icebreaker.
Equipment: Pen, Paper, crayons, colored pencils
Group Size: 5-15 (the more the merrier)
Time: 5-15 minutes
Effective Age Group: 12+
How to play Sentence, Picture, Sentence?
- Provide every person around with similar resource (pens, papers, crayons etc.)
- At first each person writes a sentence on top of the paper. The sentence could be anything from a trivia fact to absolute nonsensical gibberish.
- Now each paper is passed to the adjoining player who uses his artistic skills to draw a picture that depicts the sentence written by previous player.
- Fold the paper now so that the initial sentence is completely hidden and the picture is visible.
- Now pass the folded paper to adjoining player. The player now writes a sentence depicting the picture he just saw.
- Repeat the process until the paper is completely filled with Sentence, pictures and more sentences and more pictures.
- Make sure you end up in sentences and not pictures.
- Show the pictures to the group and read sentences aloud.
- Do not write sentences or draw pictures that offend any layer in any ways.
- Writing completely foolish sentences with little or no connection to real world is a real good idea if you want to add fun to this game.
- You can also award best picture or the funniest interpretation.
- You can also play this game online.
This game helps to improve your drawing skills.
Sentence, picture, sentence also aids your visual interpretation.