This game contradicts the general belief that Universe in always expanding. Instead, the Universe is always shrinking in this game.
Time: 20-30 minutes
Equipment: Rope, Waterproof cloth, Shoe laces, carpet
Group Size: 5-10 people
Effective Age: 15 and above
(This game requires a conductor so you can take turn being one)
- Except for the conductor, everybody fits in a circle (Universe) usually made by rope with tarpaulin (waterproof clothing) and shoelaces.
- After everybody has fitted inside the circle, round one is complete.
- In round two, the conductor decreases the diameter of circle, so it is marginally smaller.
- The conductor then continues shrinking the circle until the players need to find a heavy support to rest their body weight.
- The conductor should make sure the decrease in the diameter is gradual and not abrupt.
- The conductor should continuously tell the players to try harder to fit into the circles.
- Since this game is a team effort, it increases cooperation between the players.
- The game also helps for better communication.
- It’s all about setting the goal and achieving it. So it helps in setting up larger targets little by little.